Saturday, June 17, 2017

Words.

Have to blog about this because this is how much it bothers me. Something just happened and it really struck me like words actually do hurt even when you don't mean to hurt the other party.

I always thought if our relationship was strong enough, I could say the meanest shit to you and you would automatically know I'm just joking but turns out to be not. A relationship regardless of how strong you think it is or how long it has been maintained, it still takes effort and lots of sensitivity to ensure both parties are happy and feeling secure in any relationship. People still have to take the time to reassure the other party and strengthen the bond.

Communication is so important in a relationship because all the important elements in a relationship is maintained by communication. Even if it is the smallest problem, it is still damn important to talk it out because it's through these small little things you actually learn how to properly communicate with the other party (in case of the actual big problems). Also, by communicating, it allows you to see things in the other party's perspective which reminds you to constantly be sensitive to the other person. Finally by communicating even about the smallest things, it shows just how much trust and faith you have in the relationship and the person. So much so you are willing to share your most outrageous concerns/unhappiness and are confident that it would not change a thing about the relationship. This actually further strengthens the relationship.

Reminder to self: while I may not mean it, words can still hurt people no matter how close they are. I should not assume that people know that I don't mean it so I should make the conscious effort to express myself properly.

I'm sorry if I accidentally hurt you. You do mean alot to me. So thank you for telling me about it and giving me the chance to make things better. Once again, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment