Saturday, June 24, 2017

Being Perfect

So with a few days of break from Rag cause of Arts Camp, I went back to actually browse through dramas and actually start watching them again (the bliss of being able to relax and binge-watch dramas is real 😍). So I was going to start on this drama and was reading the comments (I have this habit of reading the comments first before starting on any drama, don't know why. I should probably share my very weird habits when it comes to watching dramas AHHA). And I came across this ⬇⬇


Somehow, (in it's weird way) this is really very relatable. Maybe it's cause we have less to worry about now as compared to the past, we are all focusing our resources on trying to find our identity in this big big world. We are trying to define everything, from sexuality, gender to like personality.

And the consequence that comes with it is the pressure to conform to a certain group of identity and the characteristics that come with it. (Not mentioning those groups that has been stigmatised.) Something I face alot (I mean like REALLY alot), is people giving the look of disbelief when I tell them I'm actually introverted AND shy. Sure, over the years, I have learned to be more outgoing and to be more open about social events but that doesn't change the fact that deep down, I would still prefer hanging around the people I know and I'm comfortable with.

And it's like being loud means not shy and not introverted. But I'm sorry, having a loud voice is something I was born with (or maybe even trained to have HAHA). I have a loud voice which makes me very noticeable but that does not mean I'm doing it on purpose to get people to pay attention to me. HAHAHA #triggered

You will never be good enough in the eyes of the world, of the society. And that's the sad truth. Someone out there would have something to say about you. To make things worse, the advancement in technology makes it easier for these negative feedback to get to you.

HAHA don't have much else to say so I shall end this here. Maybe one day the world would come to realise our pursuit to be perfect is not so important (me included).

No comments:

Post a Comment