Monday, April 17, 2017

Dance Uncensored 2017

28th and 29th March marks the end of my DU journey. The seemingly long yet really short dance journey. It may have been a mere about 3 months of work but it was sure tough and I was defeated multiple times. There were so many times where I doubted myself as a dancer, as someone who has danced for the past 15 years or so.

This style of contemp is really very similar to those of Ryan's choreo which is already tough to start with. It requires a lot of strength and control but at the same time, you need to maintain the flow and also the feelings. You need to look shag and tired but you need to make every move look like you meant to do it and that each move is charged with power. You need to drag out some parts but yet you need to drag with accent. You need to show burst of power and yet you still need to ensure that there is a final image you want to achieve so no going over that limit.

Maybe because the past few contemp dances are really easier to execute in general and don't require alot of strength and stamina. It was really hard to catch with the pace of the dance. Like by the time, it was the first chorus, I feel like my entire soul is like gone already. Which only means that I really need to start building up stamina to attempt greater and better pieces in the future.

I kinda enjoyed my DU journey and really cause I got to learn alot more and I really made a lot more new friends in dance. Like intially, in dance, I don't even talk to the RHMP people cause I awks. But now I'm just like wew, who want talk to me I also can talk! (:

Okay lah, actually that's it. Simple and easy cause I cannot think of anymore deep stuff to talk about without being to negative about the whole thing.

Photo time! (not in any specific order HAHA)






















No comments:

Post a Comment